Band-Seal® Pipe Couplings
Vitrified Clay Pipe & Couplings
The sturdy and dependable Band-Seal® line of mechanical compression couplings and bushings have been in use for over fifty years. They continue to be the choice to join clay pipe and to join clay pipe to other types of pipe.
TYPE I Band-Seal(R) BUILDING AND HOUSE LATERAL PIPE
- Available in 4" and 6" diameters in standard 6' lengths; also available in 4', 4-1/2', and 5' lengths.
- Highly adaptable to cut and fit requirements
- Heavy duty synthetic rubber couplings are factory-applied to pipe and fittings with a pneumatic wrench
- Field joints are quickly made by tightening the stainless steel clamp with take-up bolt
- 316 Series stainless steel clamp.
TYPE 2 BAND-SEAL(R) MAINLINE SEWER PIPE
- Available in 6", 8", 10" and 12" diameters.
- Ideal for permanent installations.
- Dependable, mechanical compression sealing joint.
- Factory-applied, flexible rubber couplings with heavy-duty, shear rings provide superiour shear strength.
- 316 Series stainless steel take-up clamps.
- Meets or exceeds ASTM Specifications C 425.
SPECIAL BAND-SEAL(R) SEWER COUPLINGS
- 4" x 6" and 6" x 8" Increaser/Reducer Couplings.
- Type O Couplings to fit other brands of clay pipe.
- Couplings to fit other types of materials.
Adjustable Repair Couplings
SMALL DIAMETER BAND-SEAL(R) ADJUSTABLE REPAIR COUPLINGS (ARC) FOR MAINLINE SEWERS (TYPE Z)
- Available in 4"-12" diameters
- Engineered and designed for the insertion of replacement sections of pipe or new fittings into an existing sewer line
- Split 300 Series stainless steel shear ring with take-up clamps are designed to fit variable outer pipe diameters
- Holds pipe or fitting in alignment and provides superious shear strength
- Rubber collar with 316 Series stainless steel clamp provides a water tight seal.
- Also used for flexibility and strength at the first joint out of a manhole
- Meets or exceeds ASTM Specification C 425
- Meets or exceeds Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction (Greenbook), Type Z
LARGE DIAMETER ADJUSTABLE REPAIR COUPLINGS (ARC) FOR MAINLINE SEWERS
- Available in 15"-42" diameters
- Couplings are 10" wide and come with four multiple take-up stainless steel clamps to provide superior seal on pipe ends
- Flanged bushings accommodate differences in pipe ODs of up to 6"
- Flanged bushings allow for easy positioning into the coupling during installation.
- Couplings and flanges are manufactured of EPDM rubber making them resilient to and unaffected by normal soil conditions and sewer gases
- 300 Series stainless steel outside shear rings (ARC)
- T-bolt clamps have a 316 Series stainless steel strap and a torque rating of 150 in./lb. to provide even greater sealing performance.